Two Shadows


NEW: Two Shadows -
The inspirational story of one man's triumph over adversity
by Charlie Winger
"I’m going to take you on a journey that starts in the tenements and alleys of pre-World War II Chicago through jails, reformatories, and the hell that was prison. From solitary confinement to the jungles of the Amazon, the heights of the Himalayas, the isolation of the desert Southwest, and many points in between."

This captivating autobiography reveals the remarkable story behind a man known for his passion for mountain climbing, his irrepressible and often unique sense of humor, and his fascinating tales of adventure and mis-adventure.

List Price: $18.95
Our Price: $18.00 SALE PRICE: $17.00



We have this book in stock NOW and will ship orders immediately!
Click to view Table of Contents

NEW: Click to view Book Preview

Back Cover (excerpts):


"Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" the Canadian Border Services Officer inquired. "No," I responded with a straight face and sweaty palms. "Are you sure you've never been convicted of a felony?" he repeated. "Not since 1955," I admitted, guiltily. So began my journey back in time to a place I thought I had forever left behind.

***
Suddenly, I slipped on the steep snow slope and immediately began to slide out of control. The weight of my pack made it difficult to self arrest. I grasped the head of my ice axe, rolled over on my stomach, and drove the pick into the snow. Finally, I slid to a stop, arms extended, literally hanging from my ice axe with a death grip.
***